Thursday, April 4, 2013

Thumbs Down

Been a bit of a downer this last time period. Last night I decided to really get down to it and record not only the next Suede Played, but also a test run for my First Impressions series. Nancy Drew went fine, even though I'm not quite as pleased with this one as I was with the earlier ones (of course that probably means it'll be the most popular, that's just how critic's luck works). But as for streaming... ugh, I don't think I'll be able to do it after all. It feels like the internet in New Zealand is years behind any other first world country. My plan not only has a download cap (very few can afford unlimited downloads) and in terms of speed... well, let's just sum it up here. In the current state of the internet in my country I cannot afford a connection either fast enough to stream HD, or 'wide' enough to allow me to stream regularly without eating up my download limit. Live and learn, I suppose, but it is quite disheartening. I suppose I should get back to my scripted reviews, at least I know they'll upload.

Another downer is that Roger Ebert passed away, as I'm sure you all know. Since I didn't grow up in america, I wasn't as influenced by him as others, but I've seen the impact he had on so many filmmakers and entertainers I respect. I guess you could say I wish I had known him better than I did.

Well, now to try and make people laugh at pokemon! *sigh*...

Movie of the day: Ip Man: The Legend Is Born. Yet another depressing thing about the week. I spotted this in the video store, hearing great things about it and  some awesome reviews. Then, when I saw it, I was really, really underwhelmed. I had some decent kung fu, for sure, and the actors do their best but it was really dull, predictable and bordring on anti-japanese propanganda. I just didn't understand why people thought so highly of it... and then I looked it up on IMDB and realised that what I got was actually the second sequel to the one everyone was raving about, a prequel showing how he began! Well that was depressing.

Song of the day: Graveyard by Jason Hayes, Tracy W. Bush, Derek Duke, and Glenn StaffordCompleting this thoroughly depressing day, have one of the nicest dying soundtracks in videogames. Dying almost didn't seem so bad when the awesome music came on. Perfect serenity. Wish me luck that tomorrow won't be like this!

0 comments:

Post a Comment