Saturday, January 26, 2013

Meet Me Halfway

Good evening. I leave this missive, to you, my loyal readers, late in the evening. I wish to keep my resolution., and I shall. I must simply keep it brief.

Not too much happened today, mainly tidied, was a tiny bit disappointed in my fans and then got over it (documented on twitter), and caught with a friend I hadn't met in ages. He's one of those friends where we can go for months without seeing each other and still chat as if it hasn't been any time at all. It's always good to have a friend like that.

Right! See you for some art tomorrow!

Movie of the day: Wallace and Gromit: A Matter Of Loaf and Death. yeah, I know it's technically a short film, but one of the things I just love about Nick Park is that he can bring such scale and action to such a short run time and such a mundane setting. I think it's impossable not to at least be charmed by his films.

Song of the day: Meet Me Halfway by The Black Eyed Peas. This one's also somewhat of a guilty pleasure, but almost not so much as this just doesn't sound like a BEP song. It sounds like a forgotten 80's "new wave" ballad and it discusses the surprisingly mature subject of compromise in relationship. I actually really like it despite the rip off of the guitar from the Yeah Yeah Yeahs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment