Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Rushed Post For A Rushed Day

Thanks again to everyone who participated in the 'market testing' yesterday. I was surprised at how the overwhelming majority preferred option 1! I was a little bummed that hardly anyone dug the second one, I was quite proud of how it turned out (maybe because I was never able to use an anamorphic lens flare before). I'm not saying to change your opinion or anything, it's just interesting. Actually it's kind of  uplifting, in a way, now that I think about it. Although I worked hard on the second set, it was meant to be a 'slicker' and 'safer' choice, one that really wouldn't look out of place on today's television. I thought I owed it to my 'client' to offer a more commercially viable opening to make up for the slightly different and unusual first set. It's comforting you all appreciate the need for something new. I'll be sure to upload the complete title sequence once it's done for you guys.

Jess had a great birthday yesterday, with a fine haul of candy to go with her games and comics. A favorite gift of my parents is to give us luxury versions of the food we buy the cheap versions of, eg Heinz Ketchup instead of the budget tomato sauce we normally get. Yeah we're an odd family.

Into the fire from the figurative frying pan, we go from finishing graphic design into hard core motion graphics without a chance to catch our breath! Urgh, this is going to be heck on my schedule.

I've set my schedule for the next part of my Nancy Drew let's play, it'll be out this friday (or thursday for you north hemisphere types). Look out for it!

Movie of the day: Hanna. Awesome music, great build up, great twist on the child assassin shtick. but it does drag on at times. It'd probably be better as a short film.

Song of the day: Africa by Toto. You're hearing it in your head right now, aren't you? You're welcome.

0 comments:

Post a Comment