Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Now Darkness Falls

Well, maybe I should just resign myself to the fact that I'm just never going to get into the morning routine ever again, or at the very least stop talking about it to pad my entries. At least I am still reliably updating daily, so enjoy that while you can.

Poor Jess hasn't been doing so good, we still have 3 or so weeks of the first trimester left and she still feels like crap. The fact that we found out the anti-nausea medication we'd been using might not be safe didn't help either. I've been learning at a breakneck pace at school lately (track mattes, anchor points, differences between rotation and orientation etc), now we just need something to use it on!

Good (maybe) news, though: I have discovered that there MAY be a full-time job position opening up for me in America soonish. I must admit, maybe it's because I have an American wife, maybe it's because I've only had good experiences there, maybe it's because I'm apparently the only non-american in the world who loves the taste of american fast food,  but I would really like to move there. Not to mention it would mean that I could actually attend cons! Wouldn't that be something? Let's hope it works out.

Movie of the day: Batman/Superman: Public Enemies. This was my first foray into the DC animated "mature" dvd movies. I haven't read the book, but the premise was intriguing and I only looked at my watch a couple times. There was one part that really killed it for me, though: Lex Luthor was played by Clancy Brown, who did an excellent job aaaall the way up until the end when he's captured. He accidentally lets a little of his Mr. Krabbs voice come through and BAM! immersion is gone. Right at the end, too, it's a shame.

Song of the day: Gollum's Song by Emiliana Torrini. Yeah, I thought it was Bjork until the end of the credits, don't you judge me! This is one of the most thoroughly depressing songs I've ever heard. If you ever want to take a break from feeling happy for a while and just wallow in self pity (at least for a couple of minutes), make this your soundtrack. Be honest, sometimes it can be quite theraputic.

0 comments:

Post a Comment