Wednesday, February 20, 2013

And For A TIme, It Was Good...

...and then school happens. Once again, apologies for the short journal entry (you'll probably get the same for the next two days, unfortunately), but the project won't do itself and dang is it taking a while! How can a set of thin black lines take up so much render time?

I also have some bad news regarding Pokemon 3. Through no fault of his own, Linkara has fallen ill and can't record his lines for the time being. I obviously can't edit the film together without his lines, so if he doesn't recover pretty soon, the review won't be released this month. However, this also presents a nice little signal for you: as soon as Linkara says he feels better, the review should be released about a week after that. Sorry!

It's coming close to the time I have to prepare my big end of year project. Better start thinking of what to do...

Movie of the day: The Animatrix. Yeah, I know it's technically nine short films, get over yourself. This was the sequel The Matrix should have gotten. I especially like the history lesson, even if it was a bit ham-fisted in it's symbolism. It's always nice to hear good lore. That and two short films by Shinichiro Watanabe can't be wrong!

Song of the day: 1976 by RJD2. This guy's an instrumental hip-hop master. There are parts of this beat that cause me to bob my head completely involuntarily every time I hear it. Don't like the keyboard solo though. Good walking song.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Animatrix is awesome. :) I particularly liked "Kid's Story" and "A Detective Story". "Beyond" was an interesting one as well.

I'm still not entirely sure of how "World Record" fits into it all though...

Post a Comment