Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Everybody Look What's Going Down

It's annoying to write these blog posts when I'm working darn hard on a couple of projects because I'm pretty much doing only that, and there's not much to report. However, I made the resolution and by golly I'm gonna stick to it! I'm still working on the Fringe opening on hardcore mode and I can't show you any WIPs soo... How bout them dodgers?

Oh! Oh wait! There is one thing I saw today that I'd like to share with you guys, just because it really made me think. I've always liked Totalbiscuit's videos, mainly because he has the same uncanny ability Spoony has to talk for ages without being boring, but this video he uploaded recently was a brilliant, simple and very sobering (while still dryly humourous) look at an aspect of gaming that isn't often looked at. Check it out.

That's all I got, folks. G'night.

Movie of the day: Bride Of Frankenstein. This is considered one of the few sequels to surpass the original. I don't think I agree with that, the acting is silier and more over the top and Frankenstein Jr. just doesn't look as creepy as he did in the first one. However, the actual bride herself is a very awesome creation with a distinct style to her (even if she's only onscreen for five minutes) and some of the effects are fantastic, holding up even today. Seriously!

Song of the day: Colorblind's Worth It by Mighty Mike. I'm using this song for my Fringe opening. I thought it fit the vibe of the show pretty well while still retaining some freshness and originality. Love some of the complex harmonies that occur in the mashup.

0 comments:

Post a Comment