Saturday, March 23, 2013

I Must Awake, My Life To Make

Constant editing makes Suede feel woozy. I worked on the review for the majority of the day, then as a small break we went to Jess's sisters to play board games. My favourite we played was one called "A Case Of Scruples" Where you had to prove to everyone else what you feel you would do in a random morally ambiguous situation. There's a lot more to it, but I'd love to see some producers from TGWTG play it! If you're interested, here's the wiki page. Now, back to the salt mines!

Movie of the day: Men In Black 3. As I mentioned before, I think the original MIB was one of my favourite blockbuster movies, just because everything seemed to click. Not so with this one. Although it was funny enough and there are some very fun scenes, I felt K was flanderised and I still can't get over that they took away his happy ending from the first one. K was meant to be training J to be his replacement, now they've been together 12 years? No wonder K's so warn out! I guess this is all from a fanboy perspective, but from a regular film-goers point of view, there was still one thing that really bugged me. They built up Boris as being this expanse of tentacles, but we never saw him in his true form until two seconds before it didn't even matter anymore! I guess I'm biased, but it really could have been better.

Song of the day: Son Of The Lonely Mountain by Liam Finn. One of the best things about the first Hobbit movie. Mister Finn (a New Zealand music icon) is certainly right: Pop music needs more anvil.


1 comments:

Julia said...

Hey Suede. Random question about not just this review, but all the other Pokemon movie reviews: Is JewWario still going to do them with you? He's not going to be part of TGWTG anymore so I'm wondering if his departure will affect his involvement in the Pokemon movie reviews in any way.

Post a Comment