Monday, March 11, 2013

I Noticed I Was Late

Man, I hate forgetting about my journal! Luckily not much happened.

Today we were introduced to the compositing module. Oh my. We'll be using Nuke, probably the most disgustingly user-unfriendly piece of software I've (subjectively) ever encountered. Maybe I'm spoiled, but man, if I could even get this thing to successfully track I'll consider it a major victory. We didn't actually dive into it today, we mainly spent the day just talking up how intimidating the bleeding thing is. Hopefully I can handle it, I figured out Maya all right. Otherwise not much occurred, just business as usual. At least, that's all I can say publicly...

Movie of the day: Stranger Than Fiction. I'm not even sure why I like this movie so much, it just kind of clicked with me. I liked seeing Will Farrell doing something other than gonzo comedy, I like advanced digital effects used to spice up mundane activities to make it dynamic and what can I say, I'm a sucker for Emma Thompson. I also really respect that it's a very tight, self-contained movie that knows exactly what it's trying to say. A lot of people don't like the ending; I'd say that's almost certainly the point. Watch the film to find out what I'm talking about.

Song of the day: A Day In The Life by The Beatles Considered on of the best songs in their impressive catalog I can certainly appreciate the sheer scale of it. I'd say it's comparable to Bohemian Rhapsody in just how much it tries to accomplish in the time it has. I particularly like the orchestration and the cute little musical cues they throw in, like having four descending notes that play when he sings "Found my way downstairs". Mainstream experimental done right.

0 comments:

Post a Comment