Friday, March 15, 2013

Life's A Happy Game

More freaking Nuke. Nuke day after day. I hate it. I can do stuff in it, but only with step by step instructions. I... guh, I don't know what I'm going to do. I guess I'll just have to study up on the thing, it's just so maths-based it's nearly impossible for me to wrap my head around. Oh well,

Tomorrow I'm going to do a marathon editing session, see if I can get some real headway made on the pokemon review. I really do apologise for not releasing anything lately, but I'm currently in the middle of a real purging in my life: clearing the hard drive, sorting out the house... I'm going to bring the pain to apathy and make it go be indifferent somewhere else!

Mark Of The Ninja is awesome. Stealth done right in every possible respect (aside from the laughably paper-thin plot). Just thought I'd put it out there.

Movie of the day: The Fox And The Hound. This film intrigues me, I'd actually put it above Basil in terms of underappreciated Disney flicks. For one thing, it's a veritable cornucopia of future talent. Brad Bird, John Lasseter, Tim Burton, Don Bluth, Kurt Russel... Yeah, they all worked on this. Dang. The movie itself is pretty unusual in and of itself. At times it's clearly aimed squarely at kids, with cutesy humour and sentimentality coming out the ears. But THEN it goes and shows some really harsh and mature lessons, such as the nature of the world and acceptance that the things you love - including friendships - will eventually change, and not always for the better... In that respect I'd almost call it a perfect children's movie, entertaining them and encouraging them to enjoy themselves before offering a gentle but still freaking stern warning that it won't always be like this, but there's always hope. It also has one of the best and most intense action sequences I've seen in a Disney film at the end. Definitely worth a look, just be prepared to wade through some treacle.

Song of the day: Young Folks by Peter, Bjorn and John. Very much a one hit wonder over here in New Zealand (can't speak for the other countries), but I like how they took a relatively intense beat and somehow made it infuriatingly relaxing. Got to admire artists who can pull of contrasts like that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment